Mixing is becoming increasingly difficult for me. Part of it is due to the number of things I’m balancing (mixing, movie-making, full-time job, novel-writing, video games, and then of course all the other little things in life), but I think a large part is that I feel like I have to best myself; and I really hate it. I know that people love these things without me trying to go out and make the best thing ever. Just look at the star ratings. I gave Flow a six, highest so far, because it was an amazing breakthrough (my first harmonic mixing job). The two following have probably seemed just as good, if not better, to those of you that enjoy them. So why are they scored lower?
To me, Vapor seemed like just more of the same. Not so much better or worse, just more of the same. In that sense, it wasn’t a breakthrough, so I didn’t give it a six.
With Cloudburst, I tried hard to make something new. You’ll hear a lot of song mash-ups, cut effects, generally experimental stuff on my part. Did it work? It sounds better than I anticipated, but not really on the level that Flow just clicked. I still think it’s very enjoyable, very fun to listen through. In that regard, it gets a five.
- Intro (Twilight Zone)
- Project Medusa vs. Exor – Moonshine / Palanaya – Emotional Overload
- 4 Strings – Reach Out
- Ferry Corsten – Punk (Cosmic Gate Remix) / Junk (Flashover Mix)
- 4 Strings – Sunrise (Stoneface and Terminal Remix)
- Ian Van Dahl – Do You Feel the Same
- Modular – These Lies
- ATB – Let U Go (Wippenberg Remix)
- Sono – 2000 Guns (Resistance D Treatment)
- Ian Van Dahl – Movin’ On (Basto Remix) / Just a Girl (Basto! Club Mix)
- Ron Van Den Beuken – Keep On Movin’
- Armin van Buuren vs. Rank 1 – This World is Watching Me (Cosmic Gate Remix) / 4 Strings – Diamonds / Public Domain – Operation Blade
- DJ Sammy – Boys of Summer / 4 Strings – Take Me Away (Ron van den Beuken Edit)
- Cosmic Culture – Northern Star / ATB – Hypnotizin’
- 4 Strings – Curious (Sam G Extended Mix)
- 4 Strings – Euphoric Eyes / Kuffdam & Plant – The Ones We Loved
- Push – The Legacy
- Peter Dafnous – Say You’ll Stay / ATB – Renegade