It’s that time again! Just got home from our monthly Budget and Goals dinner and I’ve got some updates on goals!
Entered Sweetwater Cabin Lottery: There is a small, private spring and cabin in the heart of the Ocala National Forest, rentable by the week. It’s one of the only springs I’ve never been to in Florida, mostly because you have to win a lottery to even pay to reserve it. Threw in my entry for this year–here’s hoping!
Posted Weight Loss Blog: In case you didn’t see, I’ve lost a lot of weight in the past few years! Read about it in my recent blog post.
Finished Reading Leaders Eat Last: As part of a work book club, I finally finished reading Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. A common selection for leadership, it’s a really good basic look into what powers actual motivation and how you can respect that in your leadership style. Worth a read for sure.
Performed Some Car Maintenance: Typical stuff, but changed the oil in the Fit myself for the first time (thanks for the assist Erik!) and had the tires rotated and balanced (a good combo with oil changes as a rule of thumb). Next month I’m rolling it into the shop for some major, milestone work: all new brake pads and rotors, a brake fluid replace, a complete transmission fluid flush and replace, and new spark plugs.
Planned Charlotte / Blowing Rock Trip: In an effort to see some possible move spots, I’m taking a trip with Vic for an extended weekend to see Charlotte for a couple days and chill in Blowing Rock in between. Too much driving but should be a good time.
- Work is a mixed bag; my little bubble of a team is killing it, but the organization as a whole is a mess and will be for many years. It’s got me looking around. Goals for next month: new resume and website.
- I introduced the household to My Cousin Vinny, a true classic.
- I bid farewell to Bit after a nice dinner and ice cream. Good luck in New Hampshire Bit! Miss you!
- All of us met Erik’s parents for the first time and attended my first Supercross event at the Daytona International Speedway with them! Really cool experience.
- Rob and I ran away to Jekyll Island for a weekend and biked a lot! Did the whole island loop in one day (20+ miles).
- We’ve made it about halfway through Stranger Things season 2, and woof it’s not great. Seems to be picking up though, so we’ll probably stick with it.
- After seeing signs for years, we finally visited the “Battle of Narcoossee Mill” re-enactment camp and ate some kettle corn.
- Physical Therapy is going okay. Not much improvement but too early to tell at this point. My poor HSA.
- I picked up A Way Out and played through it last weekend with Rob. It was a pretty enjoyable experience until the last act, a sequence of events that shifted the tone of the game so poorly I can’t recommend it.
- Got started with a new dentist and had my first cleaning. I didn’t know it was possible to have your teeth cleaned that fast or have a cleaning hurt that much, but first time for everything!
Game Power Rankings 2018, March Update
- Nier: Automata
- Into the Breach
- Titanfall 2 (Campaign)
- Monster Hunter World
- Kirby: Star Allies
- Shadow of the Colossus (2018)
- A Way Out
- Adventures of Mana